Saturday 10 May 2014

A new sewing machine cover 



 This afternoon I realized how tatty my sewing machine cover was - it was all torn and it was white plastic & boring - So I decided to make a new one-- 
 I measured the machine added a couple of inches for seams and ease of fitting.
 I dragged out some bright fabric from my stash and some calico and  a spare piece of wadding.
 First I cut out the spotty fabric as wide as the sewing machine is deep and as long measuring from one side to the other.
then I layered up the three pieces and quilted it. 


Then I trimmed this piece. I then cut out the two pieces for the front and back and again layered them up and quilted them. 




I then stitched the front and back  pieces to the central upper strip and bound the bottom.
 Popped it over the machine and threw out the old cover -- very happy now that my machine has a smart bright new cover!! 
 Til next time 
 God Bless 

 Sue.xx


No comments:

Post a Comment