Saturday 19 July 2014

Sunbonnets & Sundresses 



It has been so warm lately and my little grand daughter doesn't like the sun in her eyes and we don't want the sun to damage her pretty skin or her eyes. so I made her a proper sunbonnet to keep the sun from her eyes from her skin from the back of her neck and from her pretty curly hair!
 I chose a lemon floral print because it would reflect the sun and the colour would suit her and I lined it with lemon. It has a wide brim that can be turned back a flap for the back of her neck and pretty ties so it stays on.
 I was very pleased with it. 


















I loved it so much I decided to make a matching sun dress. The bodice is lined with lemon gingham - the armholes and neck edge are top stitched in lemon and there is a zip at the back.
 I hope her mummy likes them!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment